Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day #9 ~ Birthday Cake

Every year from March 15th to June 3rd is Birthday Season for me. I kid you not, there are 21 family and friend's birthdays that are celebrated in that less-than-three-month time span. Out of those 21 people I will have at least 14 birthday cakes. Oh my WORD!! Trust me, by the time June 3rd rolls around I am begging my husband to pick a pie that he wants because I'm so SICK of eating cake!!

I obviously cannot indulge in EVERY piece of cake, because even with my "Eat a food I adore 2x a week" rule in effect I will have to skip some pieces. The birthdays and birthday parties are not evenly spaced so it just happens. I have to head into my week with the cakes of choice laid out mentally before me. Some decisions are hard, and some not-so-hard. I can also change my mind at the last min. So if that cake looks better than it tastes I can politely swallow the first bite and then be done...or in the case of the last party I went to, spit the cake into a napkin!!! It was BAD!!!! UGH!!!!

So tonight will be another time for cake. I'm looking forward to it :D I'll have all the yummy details for you tomorrow!!

p.s. Ice cream cake is ALWAYS good! You really can't screw that up!!


                                                        ~Mmmmmmm, Fudgy the Whale!!!~

No comments:

Post a Comment